just a little less sane than yesterday

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bye bye puppy

A haircut. I've been wanting one for a while and I've needed one for an even longer time. I'd been waiting to go home and have it done at Bridges but things didn't really work out the last time I went home *see previous post* So I thought bridges be damned and got myself a haircut on Saturday after eating a late lunch with RJ at Trinoma.--We ate at this place called Bigoli which is almost exactly the same as Fazolis in Eastwood.. I sense a copycat/break-away partner lol-- He dropped me off at Katipunan before leaving to pick up his mom at the airport for some sort of Siliman Sunday in Los Banos.

The deed was done in Azta: a hair salon along Katipunan on the second floor of a building beside Rustans. It was hihghly recommended by Tara and Drea so I wasn't unduly worried. The stylist was a calm looking gay man, wearing a bright blue and green shirt that clung to the small paunch he sported. He finished the hair of the girl beside me with a flourish before turning his attention to me, commenting in slight dismay at the sheer amount of product-less hair hangning from my head. He tentatively held out a lank with his pinky cocked while I told him to chop off a couple of inches. then he snapped his fingers and an assistant came up behind me for prep.
After the wash and rinse routine, I sat myself back down and took out my chinese book to review chapter 11, catching the salon assisstant giving me a weird look as she discretely placed a selection of fashion magazines in front of me. Ignoring the well-meaning gesture i settled in and continued memorizing characters. Preoccupied with deciding whether the symbol for hui looked more like a hut or drawn stage curtains, I didn't pay a lot of attention during the actual hair cutting. I looked up at the mirror which I had been ignoring for the past 15 minutes and was surprised to see that he had chopped off more than "a couple of inches." Not that the result was bad. I've received mixed reactions but none of them were negative. It is decidedly shorter though... I shook my head experimentally, slightly weirded out by how light my head felt, post haircut, and looked down to see my freshly severed hair being swept into a pile big enough to for a small puppy. Hmmm... that explains the lightness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home