just a little less sane than yesterday

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

August is here!

Some significant things have happened recently, though I couldn't find the time to blog and I'm still running short of time now (I suppose this is what I get for killing him) this is gonna be another bullet post:

*dates to remember
Aug 3--- CFA GA! yeah boy...
Aug 20 and 27---- long weekend!!! for once I actually like GMA.
Sept 15---- Avenue Q in Manila!!! mah gahd. the only thing that could keep me from that is an accounting lt. (dear lord, please no) speaking of accounting...

*It's a bitch.
I got the results for the first accounting long test and well... it's way below less than satisfactory let me tell you... or rather let me not. at least not in detail. all you need to know is that I flunked, stressed myself out for 2 days, called my parents, stressed about it for 3 more days, and decided to shift out by the end of the week. So, I am no longer in the honours program, and I'm learning to deal with that. But really, my out of h world looks... I dunno... brighter? This way I can aim for latin honours and be more active in my orgs. There are still the lurking feelings of disappointment, inadequacy and general self-deprecation but I've bundled all of those into a little black bag and tucked it under my spleen to rot away into nothing. Though on second thought I should probably find a better place for it if I don't want the stuff floating around in my bloodstream.

*Math's a a bitch too
I got my second B in a row. well... that's not bad you say, but then again neither is it good. And I mean if the whole point of shifting out of h is to pursue latins then well were not doing a really great job just yet are we? I need to bump it up a notch. naks... I keep saying that but well...

*On the org front
I got accepted into heights!! :D *rush of giddiness while bopping around in my seat.* I am now an official art staff aspirant weeeeehhh!!!! I've 2 contributions so far Solitude and Eleanor Rigby

Plus, I've gotten the job of decor head for celadon's upcoming midautumn gratia. I guess that's rather exciting as well. And theres a CFA GA this friday which I'm sort of decor cohead of... sort of because I'm not officially a member of the committee. Trish just pirated me cuz she was up to her ears in it and needed help. Her real cohead's sorta inutil so I picked up the slack... it's basically just the 2 of us doing all the decor stuff...

*First college field trip!
we had it yesterday :D spent around 50% of it bumping around in the bus but it was all good... We went to Ilog Maria bee farm and then to Gourmet's organic food farm and then to the Gardenia bread factory. with , a couple of stop overs here and there. The organic food farm was probably the most interesting since it had not just food, but BEARCATS!!! hahaha... there really is such a creature I swear. It sorta looks like a big hairy mongoose actually but if they want to call it a bearcat then that's fine. We stopped at gourmet's for lunch and though the bearcats were cute, in all fairness to the food, it was VERY good. as in uber good... na inspired gud ko mu kaon ug salads. Amazing yes? The whole thing was really fun though I was rather disappointed that no one got stung at the bee farm. I mean I was so ready for it O.o hehehe... sorta evil of me I guess but whatever. I ended up buying a boat load of stuff too by the way... all food -.-; ahe..ahehehe...

*hello little kiddies...
also had my first LTS area. The ride to and from the area was (as I keep saying these lately) a bitch. hot and smoggy and with Hazel napping on my shoulder, her heavy head lolling around like a dunk at sea. But the school itself was much nicer than I expected. It was big and relatively clean and the children (well mostly anyway, there'll always be one or two little boys who seem to have a permanent film of dirt surrounding their person) weren't grubby. My kid's name is Liezel--or at least my kid for that session. I was in the wrong classroom sooooo... that sorta screwed things up a bit but the little girl was nice :) and shes receptive and not nearly as hopeless as I thought my kid would be. I was having nightmares about having to teach a smelly kid with glazed eyes, a blank expression, snot crusting around his nose and who was speaking like a troglodyte. It's true that Liezel seems to be slightly wanting in the oral hygiene department, but shes a relatively smart girl :) she got a 133 on her Dolsche (mao ba?) test. So all's well in the world. Unless of course they don't allow me to keep her when I transfer classrooms and hand me the troglodyte after all.

-prosepusher-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home