just a little less sane than yesterday

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Kick ass summer

I haven't posted in a looong time and my system is starting to get clogged from all the words piling up around in my brain. I learned so much over the summer and there are all these new ideas that pop up and are bouncing around in my noggin starting to spill out of my ears. I can honestly say that I've grown. Obviously not in the literal sense... or well technically at least not vertically literally cuz since I got home all my parents have been doing is feeding me, so possibly horizontal growth has been achieved but you know what I'm trying to say.
For all that it was hard, harrying and one of the most stressful times of my life (I didn't have time to post anything after that initial one 3 days into the foray) summer 2007 was good. I remember someone telling me not to take summer class this year and to cherish my last "official summer" but I'm so glad that I never got the chance to take his advice. I wouldn't exchange an 'official summer' for the one I had in a million years.
Things Ive done over the summer that made it possibly the best summer thus far:

1.I've made bundles of new friends: Particularly my summer Siamese twin Trish. It's pretty amazing how close you can get to someone when you see them every single day for a month and a half. It's also amazing how contagious my neuroticism is... Neither of us will ever be the same... sorry bout that Trish ;p
Plus there's all of my Fil12 blockmates. Again, amazing how close you get to people you see everyday for 6 weeks... not to mention bonding under pressure, and hooo boy was there a shit load of pressure. :) I just feel so warm and fuzzy inside thinking of these people. If I were black (which I apparently am not so forgive the following expression...) I'd be calling them all my homies :) props you all... yo
2.I've Aced 2 long tests on 2 hours of sleep:
Namely History and Filipino (well technically a B in Fil but with Capilos that's as good as it gets so I'd say that I aced it relatively speaking) I have never ever ever had to and have never ever ever studied for something like that before and it just makes me smile to think that I kicked ass on both of those tests. with the aid of coffee!!! wweeeeeehhh!!! hahahaha... I have drunk coffee... or at least, what passes for my definition of coffee... shut up Trish... (1 cup milk, 3 spoons sugar, and 1-2 spoons coffee :D lovely yes?)
3. Ive written a research paper... IN TAGALOG!:
Hell yeah!! And I am damn proud of that paper too!!! 10 whole frikkin pages of Tagalog practically all by yours truly (I was supposed to have a partner but he didn't turn out so well...) I slaved over that paper and Sir had better have given it a B. But his rating aside, I thought it was pretty damn good. The sense of accomplishment you get from doing something like this, conquering you fear and making peace with an old enemy (that would be Tagalog) gives any related endeavor a certain intrinsic value that, as such, cannot and should not be questioned.
4. I've actually earned my own money:
And that's a lot more than i know most of my peers have done. Not like for the whole summer but I actually did get my very first "job" :D I was commissioned by Walther to do a caricature of his family's European tour group and got paid 3,000.oo php for it. Imagine that! I'm actually amazed he paid me that much. O.o I would have been perfectly thrilled with half of that but oh mah gahd. :D being a stupid ass I didn't get a copy of what I drew but that doesn't change the fact that i did get paid for one of my drawings which is a huge deal for me.
and last but not least cuz I'm starting to feel the length of this post...
5. I have been inducted into the world of Dungeons and Dragons.
It is flat out cool. Dorks be ye who deny it! Just two sessions (which roughly translates to 16 hours... its an all nighter sort of thing you see) and I am officially hooked. I plan to download the PHB (DnD speak for the Official players hand book) off of the internet and read up on how to buff up my character. My overall goal is to turn my currently level 10 druid into a nuker. muwahahahaha.... I love my character. And i love my party mates :) well with maybe one or two possible exceptions but hey, you can't be expected to love everybody right? I'm actually itching for a session but the various members of the party have retreated to their respective provinces... we might try a ym session but I'm not to sure how that's going to play out.

:) Five official reasons (well official given that I'm the authority in question... but thats not really a statement you should be pilosopo-izing...) why my summer kicked ass... :() I'm not sure whose ass has been booted but my summer was kewl... oh yes it was :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home