just a little less sane than yesterday

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Its the bleachers for me

I haven't been online in weeks and it sort of feels good to be back. It seems that even the technodunce that is moi feels the pull of the worldwideweb hah..

As far as an update on real life goes, I really don't know what to put up because basically; nothing has happened to me at all. All the drama in the world has been relegated to the telenovela lives of my friends... but that's their story to tell not mine. Intrigue by extension doesn't really constitute much in any case, I can tell you, and anyway though I support them and all, this is one of those times where I think that it would be wise if I were to cheer from the bleachers. There is the overwhelming urge to actively help in whatever way I can but again, I've turned the situation over and come to the conclusion that that; would be a very stupid thing to do.

Following up on the bleachers bit, lets go with a baskeball analogy:

Everyone knows that basketball fans don't just jump on to the court in an attempt to help their favorite players. First off, it's against the basic rules of the game (you can't sub if you're not part of the team); Secondly, they have those little wall things and the rest of the crowd (not to mention popcorn/hotdog vendors and ringside reporters plus the cheerleaders) between you and the court so It'd be pretty hard to 'jump in' as it were; Thirdly, and more importantly, if your average fan (the most well meaning soul in the world but also having the hand/eye coordination of a sea cucmber) just followed the urge to jump into the mix do you know what would happen? That's right: It'd all go to pot. Knowing this I'm officially distancing myself from the matter.

So ladies and gentlemen, when you have a difficult relationship type problem where should the social retard be? dingdingding! Cheering, foam finger clad,waving a banner with encouraging words several dozen yards away in the bleachers.That, I can do. In 8 different languages too. Good job that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home