just a little less sane than yesterday

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sooo...

I find that its easier to make the title of the blog the first word/words of the first sentence than to come up with a proper title for a post whose content is at this point in time unknown to me. Add to that the fact that even when the whole thing is typed out it'll just be random, disjointed and confusiong anyway and you'll probably excuse me for being too lazy to flagellate the squishy mass in my skull into coming out with a proper title.

Also, I found out just the other day that I can't write a comic script for shit. Not that anyone would, actually write a comic script for shit that is... But well yes. I was extremely upset with myself for several hours, as the sudden appearance of a great number of gnaw marks on various objects with me at the time seems to suggests (My ballpen in particular will never be the same again) My childish side emerged and I ended up sulking for a while but I'm over it now. Which means I'll probably try to take another stab at it? -.-; ...and here I thought that I didn't go in for self flagellation...

In case you were wondering, (You probably weren't but that's why I said "in case") I'm trying to write an adaptation for Hans Christian Andersen's "The Tinderbox" for a comic workshop I want to join. It's a terrible story really. A random soldier kills an old lady, then makes off with the cash and her granny's tinderbox. He then proceeds to spend all the money and once broke discovers that the tinderbox summons supernatural doggie servants with freaky eyes. He "falls in love" with a princess and in the end he gets her parents killed, marries the princess and gets himself appointed as king. I know I read it when I was a kid... it just didn't seem so horrifying then. (Isn't that always the way?)

I know what my adaptation will be like, hell I even made character sketches. It's just the actual writing it out that bothered me. Carl had his last week, and we read it, and it was very good. Which only belies the fact that when I reread what I wrote, a blazing red, all caps "CRAP" floats around in my minds eye.

I'm going to start drawing again to make myself feel better. In particular I want to redraw my little experiment from last sem. Shameful and meritless though it was, it made me ridiculously happy. (Though really, its often the meritless things that bring the purest form of simple joy) I'll probably get myself a fresh drawing book for it :) yeay... haha just thinking about preperations already has the corners of my mouth twitching. Or maybe its just the fact that I love buying art supplies..

But before any of that I have to read through about 60 pages of history (;_-_ )<---(this is an upside down -.-;... cuz I supposedly fell over... baaaahhh whatever...) I apologize for the inanity of this post. Particularly to those who were expecting my first post in about 2 weeks (do such people exist??! nah...lol) my internet is shot (again... smart bro is a complete bitch I swear) and RSF is closing soon so I guess this is it for now.

As a last note I'd also like to apologize for all the annoying asides. my thoughts tend to go off on a tangent when I'm stressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home